Crazy Eight is an exciting and strategic card game that combines luck, tactics and a healthy dose of fun.
This game is played with a standard 52-card deck and is popular with groups of friends and families due to its captivating and challenging gameplay.
Crazy Eight game rules
- Objective: The object of the game is to be the first player to get rid of all their cards.
- Dealing Cards: Each player is dealt a hand of cards. The number of cards dealt can vary, but is usually seven cards for each player in a regular game.
- Starting Card: A card is flipped from the deck and placed on the table. This starting card determines the suit that players must combine or follow, in addition to defining the card that must be played next.
Players must play a card that matches the suit or value of the previous card in the pile.
If a player cannot play a matching card, he must fish a card from the deck.
The player may play a "Crazy Eight" card at any time, regardless of the suit of the previous card. When a "Crazy Eight" is played, the player must announce which suit he wants played next.
The "Crazy Eight" cards are wild cards and allow the player to choose the next suit.
- Win: The player who gets rid of all their cards first is declared the winner.
- Penalties: If a player forgets to announce a suit after playing a "Crazy Eight" card, he may be penalized by having to fish an extra card.